Thursday, February 12, 2015

Timeliness

Almost a month since the last time, and just about everything is flipped on its head.

Home is a nice place to be when you don't have much that you need to be doing. 

But I have a lot to do and I have a lot I need to improve.

Funny how sometimes it seems as if the world literally passed you by, while you were just stopping to appreciate the brightly colored flora in the area.

Word choice being what it is, I am currently back home in Houston. In the same neighborhood I grew up in; on the same old streets I've been on since I was old enough to be on streets. But at the same time almost everything is different. The people, the buildings, the cars. It's confusing. At some point in time, I felt like I owned these streets. Now I watch the kids pass by and try to come to the terms with the fact that I'm turning 24 in 2 days. A different man. A different time, place, and circumstance.

I had a friend tell me not to live in the past. 

At the time I shook it off, as if it was a ridiculous idea. 

But it really didn't hit me until about a week later that maybe he is right. 

Maybe I am living in the past. 

Maybe I've been doing it for a while. 

I'm not sure where that leaves me then. I feel a little out of my comfort zone these days. A little unconfident. I feel as if I talk more than I act and that when I act not much comes of it. It is easy to get discouraged, but I know I'm not meant for mediocrity; as much as the thought haunts my dreams.

I'm glad for my wife and friends.

They are there for me,

Pulling me up in my times of darkness.



No comments:

Post a Comment